Tagged with 'flats'
SHOES FOR THANKSGIVING AND BLACK FRIDAY
November is a time for foliage falling to the ground from the tress above and giving thanks. It is a time to enjoy Thanksgiving Day and to get ready to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There is a chill in the air, the leaves have changed colors and are falling to the ground and a smell of food and spice comes from the kitchen, these are the signs of November. In November the coats and sweaters begin to make their appearance in one’s wardrobe and the time to show off your lovely shoe collection. Houser Shoes is a great place to begin as you will find many fall and winter styles to choose from online and in the stores.
Fall can be a time to change into wearing more boots with different outfits. It is a time to find that wonderful pair of shoes that will go with the outfit you will be wearing to Thanksgiving dinner and that will be the most comfortable on your shopping spree on Black Friday. When looking for a pair of shoes to wear you may want to know where you will be for Thanksgiving Day and what type of event occasion it will be.
For people who will be traveling during the Thanksgiving break, a nice pair of loafers will be a nice choice for getting through security checkpoints at airports and will also be good for driving: for this, you might try a brand such as Bass or Clarks of England. If you are going to parades a nice pair of UGG Australia or Bare Traps would be a comfortable and stylish choice. When going to a Thanksgiving Day dinner a lovely pair of Aerosoles or Easy Spirit will make any outfit shine. For the more adventurous whose family and friends have an outside game wear your favorite tennis shoes, brands like New Balance, Sketchers and Asics. Make your feet happy and choose comfort this holiday season.
Autumn marks the transition from summer into winter. For the U.S. and Canada this takes place in September when the arrival of night becomes noticeably earlier and we are associated with the transition from warm to cold weather. This is the time where skies turn grey, and many people turn inward, both physically and mentally. Weather is not the only aspect of autumn that tends to go through a transition; we as people do the same. This is also the time of year that summer clothes and footwear, such as spaghetti strap t-shirts, bathing suits and flip-flops, get boxed back up in the closet for wintertime storage, and another type of box is unraveled!
Got cold feet? You lose most of your body’s heat through your extremities (hands, feet, head etc.) What would be a good solution? No need for hand or feet warmers. As long as you have on the right pair of kicks, these items are irrelevant. Fall is a time for fun, different, yet calming styles that you don’t get throughout the rest of the year. “A woman’s imagination is very rapid. It jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment” - Jane Austen. Needless to say her decision on which pair of shoes she will be wearing for the occasion, could dynamically change before she gets out the door.
Wedges, boots of all sorts, flats, heels and of course tennis shoes are just some of the many choices to choose from in the fall. As a woman we need to have a lot of different choices, because most likely your mind will change before you arrive at your destination. Whatever your preference, any of these choices would make a wonderful addition to the shoe collection in your closet. When I think of a “fall shoe” the first thing that comes into my mind is calm and subtle. There may be nights you’re going out and have to spice things up a little bit, that’s when it’s time to bring out the classy and spectacular’s, such as wedges, stilettos or pumps. The choice of your shoe of course is matched with your attire and occasion. Let your shoe define who you are as a person.
Shoes can be a very fun item to shop for and Autumn is one of the best times to do so. Make the experience an enjoyable one for yourself and your loved ones and come on in to Houser Shoes and let us guide you on the journey to finding the right shoe for your sole!
- Ankle Boots - Ankle boots are the hottest style this autumn. They have a statement to make and with many of the decorative styles to choose from they make a great statement.
- The Wedge – The wedge is back this autumn, bigger and better than ever. Every woman needs a wedge in their closet this year. Wedge heeled shoes are a great day shoe and a great night shoe. Along with the ankle booty, wedge heels appeared on many fashion runways.
- Heels- If you still call heels, pumps, that is ok. High heels, pumps, heels, whatever you choose to call them, and they have finally made the comeback that they deserve. Heels have a wonderful way of making any outfit a little more elegant.
- Cowboy Boots- Who knew that cowboy boots would come back onto the runways. Many choose cowboy boots in different colors now. Cowboy boots can be fun to wear on a night out, or for a comfortable day in town. Cowboy boots are a fun choice for everyone.
- Flats- Every girl needs flats in their closet.
- Knee & Thigh Boots - Whichever your preference will make a fine addition to anyone’s closet. Be simple with your outfit if you choose a thigh high boot. Make the thigh high boot the center of attention. Knee high boots are great paired with leggings and a sweater dress.
- Stilettos & Platforms- Stilettos are a wonderful choice for many formal events. Platform heels will be great for a lovely evening out on the town.
- Ballet Flats- For all of your fall festive needs, the ballet flat is there for you. Jeans and an elegant blouse make them shine.
- Loafers- Great for the working lady, loafers are not just for the office anymore. Wear them out on the town for a more casual look.
- Tennis Shoes- Of course tennis shoes is on the list. No one can go wrong with tennis shoes, they are great for long autumn walks to look at the beautiful foliage.
All of these must have shoes is what you can find at Houser Shoes! Whatever you choose , remember to shop with your personality. Have fun shopping and have a wonderful and colorful autumn!
Flats can be the most stylish kind of shoe because they will never go out of style. Other styles of shoes we all have seen come and go throughout the years in fashion, but the most basic style of shoe, the flat, has stayed around consistently. Even though throughout the years in fashion flats have come in a different style and color, flats have never actually been out of style in fashion. Somewhere and in some way flats have always been the perfect shoe in every way possible. For a lovely and splendid collection of flats go to Houser Shoes, they know style and quality. Everyone wants a shoe that will be practical with great quality and at Houser Shoes you can get it all.
Casual flats can be a great way to spice up any pair of jeans and t-shirt. There are many styles to choose from. There are many colors to choose from. A comfortable look for a day outing is to pair a basic t-shirt, comfortable jeans, and pair with a colored casual flat. Casual flats can be in a loafer style or just a basic casual ballet flat. Some brands of casual flats that can flatter any outfit are Hush Puppies, Franco Sarto, and for kids try Chooze Kids. Casual flats can be a wonderful travel shoe. The basic and comfortably of a casual flat is a great choice for wearing when going through the airport to catch a flight or getting off the plane in a beautiful location. Casual flats are what comfort is in travel wear. You can go to any continent in style with casual flats.
Dress flats are nice alternate way to feel like a woman without having sore feet from high heels that are too high. An adorable cardigan, a basic skirt and a colorful pair of ballet flats can go from a day of work to a night out on the town. Dress flats can even be an alternative to wearing a silver or gold high heel with formal dresses. Instead of wearing the formal dress, with too high of a heel, for that special occasion try a gold , silver or the perfect color match in a nice dress ballet flat. Dress flat brands to try are Lucky, Clark’s of England and LifeStride. Have fun nights in dress flats. A great pair of flats can be a great addition to any closet! Wear flats and make your feet smile!
By: Tiffini Taylor
How to choose the right shoe for you? This is a question everyone has asked themselves at some point. Choosing the right shoe can be an exciting experience. To choose a shoe correctly, one should know what one is looking for. If you want a shoe that shows your personality or if you want a shoe that is a basic, practical shoe for everyday wear. Knowing what you want before trying to find the right shoe will make finding it a little easier. If you are looking for style over everything else, then look through the most recent fashion magazines. If you are looking for a practical shoe, then you will need to know what your needs in shoe wear are. Whether you are looking for boots, heels, flats, or sneakers, Houser Shoes has a great selection of all styles and in many colors to choose from.
Flats are a great way to have comfort for any day or night. Choosing the right pair of flats is not as easy as one would think though. Decisions that need made when choosing the right flat can be from what color is best to what kind of detail should I have on them. Details such as a ballet flat with a bow, sequins, or flower. Deciding on what color or pattern to go with is another decision to be made when choosing the right flat for you. Try a brand like B.O.C. by Born or a brand like Easy Street Women’s Rutland Moc. These are some of the things to think about when choosing flats. When choosing a pair of heels, knowing what size of heel to get is an important detail. If it is for day wear for work, you may want to stick with a lower heel size such as Life Stride Women’s Jater. If it is height for a night out then a high heel like Pierre Dumas Women’s Favorite Red Patent. Choosing the right heel can be wonderfully fun with many colors to choose from.
Boots are the hottest fashion this Autumn. Choosing the right boot can be an adventurous an exciting time. This is the season of the boot, which means even more to choose from. You will need to know what kind of boot you are looking for. What are your needs when it comes to boots? Do you want an ankle boot, a knee boot, or a cowboy boot? Answering these questions can make choosing the right boot. Brands such as UGG Australia, Rieker, Steve Madden, Bare Traps, and Ariat have wonderful style for your needs. Boots can be fun and in many different colors. Choosing the right sneakers is an important part of anyone’s life. Knowing what and why you are needing a pair will make finding a pair much easier. Brands such as Sketchers, Easy Spirit and Nunn Bush are some to look for. The quality of these brands of sneakers will sure to please. Houser Shoes has many brands, styles , and colors to choose from when it comes to choosing the right shoe with great quality. Think about what you want and need, then come shopping!
Autumn means back to school and that means school dances and homecoming! You found the perfect dress , now find the perfect shoe at HouserShoes.com. Don’t worry, men’s shoes are here to go with that tux. It can be hard finding just the right and perfect dress for a dance ladies, so with many shoes to choose from this part is made easy. For formal dances ladies have a choice between flats and high or low heels. The kitten heel has made a major come back to fashion this Fall , ballet flats are always a great comfortable choice, and high heels makes all us ladies a little taller. Whatever your dress or personal style, finding the perfect formal shoe is all about you.
The flats this season are many colors and many styles. Flats are a comfortable and classy choice for any style. To find a pair of formal flats it is important to look for elegance and a comfortable pair. This is so your feet will be good to dance all night. Metallic flats are always a great choice in formal footwear, basic black is always a good choice, choose an orange or pink ballet flat to go with your little black dress. Silver or gold flats can make any dress sparkle throughout the night. Some brands to look for to dance the night away are: Jessica Simpson, Cobb Hill, Clarks of England, Sketchers, Life Stride, Rachel Shoes, and Dansko. Flats make any feet feel better throughout the night.
Kitten heels or a low heel is a smart choice if you just want a little lift. Kitten heels are all over for the Fall fashion. A formal dress shoe with a low heel is the best choice that someone who wants to have a little flare to their dress without being wobbly in a pair of extremely to high heels can make. Formal low heels can make your feet comfortable and make you feel like you have on a high heel. Formal low heels are elegant and can come in a multiple array of colors. There are many styles of formal low heeled dress shoes to choose from. Some are round toed, some are pointed toed and some are opened toed. Some brands to look for a formal low heel or kitten heel are: Life Stride, Bernie Mev, Easy Street, Easy Spirit, John Fashion, and Cole Hann. The formal low heel makes for a nice elegant choice to dance anywhere at any time.
High heels are a girl’s best shoe for formal occasions. High heels can come in many styles and colors. Find a comfortable pair of high heels is the best advice I can give. Although, if you are not sure about the high heels there is always take a pair of nice, elegant, comfortable flats along to change into after a few hours. Actually, when wearing a high heel it is very good for your feet to have a pair of back-up flats to change into after a few hours. A couple of brands to look for are: Chinese Laundry and Pierre Dumas. Be comfortable!
Formal shoes are the best in something comfortable. Guys can choose from brands like Clark’s of England and Bass. The important thing to think about when choosing a formal shoe , other than the color of the dress, is to find one that fits your personal style and that is comfortable. Remember, shoe inserts. Go have fun, be safe, and dance all night!
by: Tiffini Taylor
The leaves are changing, the air is a little cooler, and Labor Day has past. What does this all mean? It means Autumn is upon us and it is time for a shoe wear change. What are you doing this Fall? Going to Fall festivals, taking time to enjoy the beauty of color changing leaves, or going trick or treating in October. All of these activities have one thing in common, that is the casual shoe. Casual shoes are for comfort and can be a tennis shoe, a ballet flat, boots, or a loafer style.
When the air gets that morning chill, a great pair of loafers will be a comfortable choice for the day ahead. Whether you are going to a weekend Autumn festival or just going to work, loafers now come in a variety of colors and styles. A great pair of loafers can last from season to season and for years to come. Some great brands to try is Life Stride, Bass, Sperry, Pierre Dumas, Rockport, Sketchers, Johnston & Murphy's, and Clarks of England. The basic black or brown loafer goes great with khaki's and a polo, just add a nice jacket to defend against the cool Autumn breeze. What better way to spend the day but in a comfortable pair of shoes from Houser Shoes.
Boots are on all the runways this Fall. Boots are the staple fashion item of this Fall. Any style or color will do. Gone are the days that boots are just for winter. Boots can bring a bit of flair to any outfit, especially if you are courageous and decide to go for colorful boots. Ankle boots, knee boots, calf boots, thigh-high boots, and cowboy boots are all great for this Autumn. Boot brands that are popular are: Ariat, Laredo, Dr. Martens, Frye, Corral Boot, Minnetonka, UGG Australia, Pierre Dumas, Cobb Hill, Georgia Boots, Magnum, Old West, Muck, Chooze, Wolverine, Cole Haan, Clarks of England, Born, Irish Setter, Rocky, Timberland, Justin's, Franco Sarto, and Arturo Chiang. Autumn 2013 is the season of the boots!
Pull out your favorite pair of jeans and t-shirt, grab a cardigan sweater and find your funky little ballet flat - the perfect outfit. The ballet flat has been around for quite a while in fashion and will not be going away anytime soon. This is great because as every woman who has spent one hour in uncomfortable stilettos, the ballet flat has made our lives better and more comfortable. Many colors and many styles, with plenty to choose from every lady should have at least one pair of this must have style. Some of these cute and spicy brands are Easy Street, Union Bay, Franco Sarto, and Pierre Dumas. Ballet flats are great in October when you are looking for that perfect pumpkin with a loved one.
The tennis shoe. Where would this world be without the tennis shoe? Autumn is a great time to wear tennis shoes, pair with jeans and a light sweater and go on that walk to check out the beauty of color of leaves. Besides, tennis shoes are great to rake leaves in and then jump into the pile of leaves! Housershoes.com offers some great brands of tennis shoes such as: Adidas, Sketchers, New Balance, Asics, Easy Spirit, K-Swiss, Converse, Grasshoppers, DC Shoes, and Keen. Have fun in the leaves!
Autumn is a great time to enjoy the community in which you live. A great pair of casual shoes can be comfortable and let you enjoy the beauty of the leaves falling in all different colors. Fall is a time to visit Autumn festivals and discover new crafts , and apple butter. Enjoy yourself this Autumn!
Summer is ending and it is time to look back on the most popular styles of summer shoes. What will carry over into Autumn and what is best to wear next summer. To begin with, many styles come and go throughout the different seasons, some are good and some will never be worn again. It is important in any season to shop for quality as well as style. This is where Houser Shoes can help. Whatever your personal style is , choosing the shoes to match your own personal style is always the best option. This summer there has been many designs of shoes to choose from. There is the always stylish sandals, ballet flats, sneakers and high heels. There has been the return of the ankle boot for summer and nice wedge heels, too.
Sandals will be around for more summers to come. Sandals, including flip flops, have always been a staple in summer style. Coming in many different colors and styles, sandals offer a nice , comfortable, easy style that has always been perfect for the hot, lazy days of summertime. Sandals are easy to carry over into next summer, the summer after next summer , and so on and so forth. Basically, sandals will always be the best way for your feet to spend their summer days and nights in. Brands like Sanuk, Soda, Teva, B.O.C. by Born, Stacy Adams, Alegria, Dansko, Nunn Bush, Keen , Rainbow Sandals, Mephisto, Lifestride, Taos, Chaco, Chooze, Reef, and Birkenstock will always make summer memories.
Summer is ending and a great style to carry into Autumn is ballet flats. Comfortable and cute, ballet flats are the go to shoe for many on the go. Ballet flats are great to wear on that special summer date night with a long, flowing dress. In Fall , pair ballet flats with jeans and a simple t-shirt and great purse and you are sure to turn heads. Ballet flats come in a multitude of colors, designs, and styles now, so you can always find your favorites. Nice brands like Union Bay, Easy Street, Franco Sarto, and Pierre Dumas are great for Summer fairs and Fall festivals.
Sneakers let you play, they let you do all the activities you want to participate in year round. Sneakers, tennis shoes, or whatever you choose to call them are the one shoe everyone wants and has a need for throughout the year.. Some good brands to look for are Easy Spirit, Skechers, Fila, Adidas, New Balance and Brooks. Having a good pair of sneakers can make your wardrobe complete.
High heels can go into each season, even the colored high heels and stilettos. In many styles, summer will always be a great season for these shoes. Simple summer dresses and high heels are great for any summer occasion, whether it is a night out with friends or a romantic date with a loved one. Brands of high heels to look for include Pierre Dumas, Easy Spirit , and Chinese Laundry. A good, comfortable pair of high heels is a great addition to any closet.
Wedges have been becoming more and more popular as each summer passes. Every woman should have a nice , funky pair of wedges for summer, they make a great party shoe. Wedges look good with a pair of Bermuda shorts or a nice, simple summer dress. In Autumn, a nice closed toe wedge heel can offer comfortable alternative to stiletto heels. A brand to try is Bare Traps. Wedge sandals come in as many colors and heel heights that you can think of. This is why the wedge will carry on for summers to come.
Ankle Boots have come to summertime. Ankle boots, instead of putting them into the closet until Fall , fashion grabbed them and put them as the must have fashion of summertime. This will makes it easy going into Autumn because ankle boots are already in our closets. Ankle boots have been worn with jean skirts, maxi dresses, capri's and shorts this summer. Ankle boots are here to stay all throughout this year. Great ankle boots come in brands such as Clarks of England, Cole Hann, and Soda. Ankle boots in Autumn will look good with jeans or dresses.
Summer means beaches, pools, Bar B-Que's, and vacations , wearing shoes for all occasions and not getting sun burnt. Summer blues of mine will be missing open toed sandals, but ballet flats, high heels, sneakers, and ankle boots will help me throughout the Autumn. I have enjoyed summer. I don't like to see summer go , but knowing some of my summer shoes can be carried over into Autumn make it a little easier. Happy Summertime!
by: Tiffini Taylor
Back to school means the end of summer and soon brings the beginning of Autumn. With the changing of seasons coming upon us, it will be a changing of wardrobe selections, including shoes. Keeping the idea of summer closer than that chill of Autumn coming, I came up with a top 10 of this year's back to school shoe choices.
- Sneakers- The first is sneakers. Sneakers are what sets you apart from others in gym class, walking the hallways, and going across campus, whether it be on a skateboard or walking. Many brands and styles to choose from including: adidas, Asics, converse, easy spirit, fila, new balance, grasshoppers, reebok, and vans to name a few. Whatever brand or style you choose; sneakers will help bring your personality out.
- Flip Flops- With the end of summer being the beginning of the new school year, flip flops can carry over for a few more weeks. Many to choose from including styles from brands like: reef, alegria, birkenstock, and rainbow sandals.
- Sandals- Sandals are a staple of summer that will never go out of style. Although similar to flip flops , sandals are completely different on all levels. Quite a few sandals come with a buckle, a wedge heel, and multiple straps. Good sandals that will stay in style come from brands like: birkenstock, alegria, yellow box and rainbow sandals are just a few.
- Ballet Flat- Flats are great with jeans or dresses! The ballet flat is a great choice for the new school year. Many ballet style flats come in a variety of color choices and styles. You can find them with bows, without bows, open-toed, close- toed, pointed toe, rounded toe, or just about in anyway and in many colors. Check out brands like enzo and soda.
- Boat Shoes- Remember the boat shoes from the 1980's? Well, these are, in a way, not them. The same style but much better and in quite a few colors. Yes, the boat shoe is back and better than ever! A great brand for boat shoes- BASS!
- Crocs- From the garden to the work place and now to schools-crocs can cover all these activities. No longer just for the garden or nurses. Crocs are a comfortable choice for the early morning classes across campus. Try them in different colors for a bit of fun in your style. Just look for the brand crocs.
- Clogs- Clogs are back this new school year. Clogs are great with or without socks, There the best versatile stylish shoe. Some brands to look for are: crocs, Clarks of England, and birkenstock.
- Heels & Kitten Heels- That is right, kitten heels are making a big come back this back to school season. Walking to class in super high heels can at times be painful, but if you choose a kitten heel you can wear them all day long and feel great while looking great. High heels are still raging in fashion and for back to school. Kitten heels just provide an alternative heel size to choose. The new school year brings an opportunity to go to dances and different activities to wear your best heels. Some brands to look for: Jessica Simpson and Chinese Laundry.
- Ankle Boots- Ankle boots will lead up to the high boots this Autumn and Winter. Ankle boots have been going strong all summer and now they are a great choice for a back to school look that will sure to flatter and get noticed. A brand to look for is Kenneth Cole.
- Specialty Sport Shoes- You may be wondering what I mean by this- what I am referring to is sport specific shoes. Back to school can mean back to sports, with this brings new shoes for whatever sport you are into. Plenty of brands and styles to choose from including: Brooks, Adidas, Asics, new balance, easy spirit, fila, reebok and so on. A good pair of shoes can help you improve in any sport. Good luck to all sports!
There you have it a top 10 list of back to school styles. Go back to school in style, have fun and let your personality shine!