Tagged with 'Athletic Shoes'
SHOES FOR THANKSGIVING AND BLACK FRIDAY
November is a time for foliage falling to the ground from the tress above and giving thanks. It is a time to enjoy Thanksgiving Day and to get ready to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There is a chill in the air, the leaves have changed colors and are falling to the ground and a smell of food and spice comes from the kitchen, these are the signs of November. In November the coats and sweaters begin to make their appearance in one’s wardrobe and the time to show off your lovely shoe collection. Houser Shoes is a great place to begin as you will find many fall and winter styles to choose from online and in the stores.
Fall can be a time to change into wearing more boots with different outfits. It is a time to find that wonderful pair of shoes that will go with the outfit you will be wearing to Thanksgiving dinner and that will be the most comfortable on your shopping spree on Black Friday. When looking for a pair of shoes to wear you may want to know where you will be for Thanksgiving Day and what type of event occasion it will be.
For people who will be traveling during the Thanksgiving break, a nice pair of loafers will be a nice choice for getting through security checkpoints at airports and will also be good for driving: for this, you might try a brand such as Bass or Clarks of England. If you are going to parades a nice pair of UGG Australia or Bare Traps would be a comfortable and stylish choice. When going to a Thanksgiving Day dinner a lovely pair of Aerosoles or Easy Spirit will make any outfit shine. For the more adventurous whose family and friends have an outside game wear your favorite tennis shoes, brands like New Balance, Sketchers and Asics. Make your feet happy and choose comfort this holiday season.
by: Tiffini Taylor
Back to school means the end of summer and soon brings the beginning of Autumn. With the changing of seasons coming upon us, it will be a changing of wardrobe selections, including shoes. Keeping the idea of summer closer than that chill of Autumn coming, I came up with a top 10 of this year's back to school shoe choices.
- Sneakers- The first is sneakers. Sneakers are what sets you apart from others in gym class, walking the hallways, and going across campus, whether it be on a skateboard or walking. Many brands and styles to choose from including: adidas, Asics, converse, easy spirit, fila, new balance, grasshoppers, reebok, and vans to name a few. Whatever brand or style you choose; sneakers will help bring your personality out.
- Flip Flops- With the end of summer being the beginning of the new school year, flip flops can carry over for a few more weeks. Many to choose from including styles from brands like: reef, alegria, birkenstock, and rainbow sandals.
- Sandals- Sandals are a staple of summer that will never go out of style. Although similar to flip flops , sandals are completely different on all levels. Quite a few sandals come with a buckle, a wedge heel, and multiple straps. Good sandals that will stay in style come from brands like: birkenstock, alegria, yellow box and rainbow sandals are just a few.
- Ballet Flat- Flats are great with jeans or dresses! The ballet flat is a great choice for the new school year. Many ballet style flats come in a variety of color choices and styles. You can find them with bows, without bows, open-toed, close- toed, pointed toe, rounded toe, or just about in anyway and in many colors. Check out brands like enzo and soda.
- Boat Shoes- Remember the boat shoes from the 1980's? Well, these are, in a way, not them. The same style but much better and in quite a few colors. Yes, the boat shoe is back and better than ever! A great brand for boat shoes- BASS!
- Crocs- From the garden to the work place and now to schools-crocs can cover all these activities. No longer just for the garden or nurses. Crocs are a comfortable choice for the early morning classes across campus. Try them in different colors for a bit of fun in your style. Just look for the brand crocs.
- Clogs- Clogs are back this new school year. Clogs are great with or without socks, There the best versatile stylish shoe. Some brands to look for are: crocs, Clarks of England, and birkenstock.
- Heels & Kitten Heels- That is right, kitten heels are making a big come back this back to school season. Walking to class in super high heels can at times be painful, but if you choose a kitten heel you can wear them all day long and feel great while looking great. High heels are still raging in fashion and for back to school. Kitten heels just provide an alternative heel size to choose. The new school year brings an opportunity to go to dances and different activities to wear your best heels. Some brands to look for: Jessica Simpson and Chinese Laundry.
- Ankle Boots- Ankle boots will lead up to the high boots this Autumn and Winter. Ankle boots have been going strong all summer and now they are a great choice for a back to school look that will sure to flatter and get noticed. A brand to look for is Kenneth Cole.
- Specialty Sport Shoes- You may be wondering what I mean by this- what I am referring to is sport specific shoes. Back to school can mean back to sports, with this brings new shoes for whatever sport you are into. Plenty of brands and styles to choose from including: Brooks, Adidas, Asics, new balance, easy spirit, fila, reebok and so on. A good pair of shoes can help you improve in any sport. Good luck to all sports!
There you have it a top 10 list of back to school styles. Go back to school in style, have fun and let your personality shine!